A Slavic settlement existed in the area of today’s town already in the 11th century. The year 1321 is accepted as a date of obtaining the town privileges – because the bishop Konrad from Olomouc mentioned “town” Kietrz by writing a legal instrument “The Act of Land Changes”. In 1557 – 1877 Kietrz was in possession of the Silesian family Gaschin.

It is worth to see:
- the Baroque Parish St. Thomas Church from the 16th and 18th century – a vaulted arched three-aisled basilica, the side aisles completed with Baroque chapels with domes and lanterns, with a eight-sides tower, which rises from a square ground-plan with a closed Baroque dome with a lantern
- the late Baroque churchyard Chapel of St. Cross from the 18th century
- the Three Magi Convent Church
- the Statue of St. Florian from the 18th century, which is situated in a park next to the square
- the Baroque Religious Sculpture from the 1st half of the 18th century with fi guring of visiting in the upper part of this sculpture
– it is situated in the middle of the square
- the ruin of a palace (16th - 19th century) – the seat of family Gaschin, which is situated near the parish church
- the Universal Educational lyceum C. K. Norwid in Kiertz, which was originally established in 1930 as a secondary school by J. von Eichendorff
- the swimming pool in Kiertz
- the monument in honour of the people deported to Siberia
- the complex of playgrounds “Orlík”
- “Traditional” can be called the annual Half-Marathon, which attracts a lot of runners both from Poland and from foreign countries in June.